Project duration: 260 hours
Sign Media Canada’s national sign competition acknowledges the very best achievements in Canadian sign making. This competition is open to the national sign industry.
- Sign Media Canada can accept digital images that are minimum 300 dpi in resolution, large enough for layout (minimum specs are 4×6 inches) and formatted as ‘AI’, ‘BMP’, ‘EPS’, ‘GIF’, ‘JPEG’, ‘PDF’, ‘PNG’, ‘PS’, ‘PSD’, ‘TIFF’, ‘EPT’ files. No low-resolution files will be accepted. All images are converted to png format for display purpose.
- Client component:
- sign up form, login and password recovery (one-time password )
- clients to create project with a variety of fields and upload up to 5 image files
- Images should be viewed after they are uploaded like photo gallery. For each project the images appear as thumbnails and then can be enlarged when clicked on.
- email notification about new sign media project
- Judge component:
- form containing a score box for each project. Each characteristic is scored from 1 – 10, so that each project receives a total score out of 40 (with 40 being a perfect score)
- the judges would be able to select sign media category and see all projects in that category
- judge can score Project or decline
- The application calculates the total score for each project and an average score for all projects
- Admin component:
- can manipulate with client accounts, judge accounts and edit projects
- can manually approve or disqualify projects and/or images if they don’t qualify for sing media competition
- is able to download selected images and pick the folder that they will download to
- run different types of reports to view:
- projects per category
- projects per category the judge has scored
- projects the judge declined to score
- the average score of each project shown by category (ranked highest to lowest)
- the average score of each project showing all ranked highest to lowest
- projects remain to be scored
- declined projects.
Technology used: Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS, shell scripts, Apache/2.2.14, Memcached 1.4, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.3, cakePHP 2.1, phpthumb, GD library, ImageMagick, Jquery, jquery.jqzoom, swfupload 2.5.
Pattern used:MVC, RAD, ORD.