Project duration: 200 hours.
The site allows users as future advertisers to add recipes to the site as well as online chef. The “Featured Recipes:” shows randomly last 10 modified recipes. This interactive application would allow users to upload their own recipes to the site, along with an image of the completed dish. Users can rate and review the recipes on the site, as well as to create a search function that users could use to search through recipe database. The business logic behind the project was to enhance SEO and thereby strengthen the brand in the market.
- Administration portal is able to:
- moderate user accounts; if an account is inactivated, all recipes from that user would not appear on the site
- moderate submitted recipes and comments; field restrictions would not apply in the admin application
- identify a recipe as a “Chef” recipe or “Community” recipe (from users) or “Sponsor” recipe
- approve recipe submission and post recipe to site upon approval
- view, edit, approve or delete user comments
- get email notification to admin about new recipes
- upload, resize and crop images with recipe
- Users are able to
- submit recipe to the site with a quick turn-around for approval
- rate recipes, save favourite recipes, print recipe; rating would be accumulative and displayed as an average of all ratings
- send link with recipe to friend
- leave comment on the recipe
- activate automatically an account
- keyword or using the advanced search function
- store favourite recipes if they sign-up with a password that they can retrieve on the site by signing in.
Application was created by using the following: jqGrid, SMARTY 3 to cache HTML pages, PEAR-1.9.1 library to work with JSON data, PHPMailerv 5.1 library to send emails and jquery 1.5.1 with plug-ins to do the animation, validation and interaction with back end, MySQL database.